September 8, 2017 HAEIDD and HIDB Special Meeting - Final Agenda
Final Agenda for the September 8, 2017 HAEIDD and HIDB Special Meeting at 3:00pm in the SLU SBDC Building, Conference Room 131, 1514 Martens Drive, Hammond.
- Call to Order: Board President Joseph Mier
- Roll Call: Michael Tomlinson, Executive Director
- HAEIDD: Joseph Mier, David Faucheux, Hart Bordelon, Dr. Aristides Baraya, Janet Davis, Alexis Ducorbier, Randy Vicknair
- HIDB: Hart Bordelon, Perry Catchings, Janet Davis, Alexis Ducorbier, David Faucheux, Lacy Landrum, Joseph Mier, Mayor Pete Panepinto, Randy Vicknair
- Minutes: Approval of Minutes for: August 17, 2017 Meeting at 8:00am (Section #1)
- Introduction of Guests:
- Stacey Neal, Tangipahoa Economic Development Foundation
- David Wolf, Special Counsel—Adams & Reese, LLP
- Public Comments:
- HAEIDD Property on Pride Drive (Airport Plaza): Discussion of possible job creation incentive programs and instruments that could be used for economic development in regards to the 20-acre Louisiana Economic Development Certified Site. Discussion of the posted asking price for this property. (Section #2)
- David Wolf, Special Counsel, Adams & Reese, LLP to give presentation on PILOT’s (Payment in Lieu of Taxes) as an economic development tool.
- Discussion of additional fees for 5 Stones Media, LLC: Discussion of the items in the Change Order Addendum to the original proposal for the Ballot Issue Campaign that will be conducted by 5 Stones Media, LLC. (Section #3)
- Discussion regarding using a dba of Hammond Economic Development: Discussion regarding using a dba of Hammond Economic Development versus Hammond Area Economic and Industrial Development District for general use and on website. (Section #4)
- Legal Report: Seale & Ross, PLC